Clean Water Schools Program
9th – 12th grade students investigate the home and school sites as environments impacted by stormwater and urban runoff. Students observe and map the locations of litter, dirt, oil, grass clippings, etc. while estimating the direction of runoff that could carry these pollutants into storm drains, or other waterways. Students identify stormwater pollution prevention behaviors that can be implemented at the school site and at home.
Get a copy of the 8-minute DVD that has been produced to accompany the curriculum! Call 925-313-2360 or e-mail email@example.com
There are other schools programs that we have found to be effective and fun for kids. To find out more, click on the links in the side bar.
Links & Downloads
- 9th – 12th Grade Curriculum
- Mr. Funnelhead
- US EPA Safe Fish Info for Kids
- Water Quality Detectives
- The Watershed Project
- Kids for the Bay
- North American Association for Environmental Education
- State Water Resources Control Board Education
- Central Sanitation Education
- National Biological Information Infrastructure
- Kids for Saving Earth
- US EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff
- US EPA Polluted Runoff for Kids!
- Stormwater Coalition