Surveys, Studies, and Reports
Fiscal Year 2014/15 Annual Report
- Program Annual Report – Group Activities
- City of Antioch
- City of Brentwood
- City of Clayton
- City of Concord
- Contra Costa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District
- Contra Costa County Watershed Program
- Town of Danville
- City of El Cerrito
- City of Hercules
- City of Lafayette
- City of Martinez
- Town of Moraga
- City of Oakley
- City or Orinda
- City of Pinole
- City of Pittsburg
- City of Pleasant Hill
- City of Richmond
- City of San Pablo
- City of San Ramon
- City of Walnut Creek
Stressor/ Source Identification Studies
The CCCWP Part A SSID investigations focus on current-use pesticides (pyrethroids and possibly fipronil) as the probable causes of the water and sediment toxicity.
The SSID Part A studies were conducted by CCCWP during 2014 to evaluate and investigate the extent and causes of the observed creek toxicity to H. azteca in Dry Creek and Grayson Creek watersheds. Dry Creek is located in Eastern Contra Costa County in the City of Brentwood (Water Board Region 5). Grayson Creek is in Central Contra Costa County in the City of Pleasant Hill (Water Board Region 2). The SSID Part A studies involved both wet weather monitoring for aquatic (water column) chemistry and toxicity, and dry weather monitoring for sediment chemistry and toxicity. These projects serve both to fulfill the requirements of MRP Table H-1 and Central Valley Permit Table D-1 with respect to follow-up actions pertinent to the sediment triad results, and also the requirements to conduct the SSID toxicity studies called for in Provision C.8.d.i. in both Regional Permits. This report provides the methods and results of Part A of the two SSID studies, and an analysis of the results.
Report of Waste Discharge by Contra Costa Clean Water Program submitted March 4, 2015
The Report of Waste Discharge submitted by the Contra Costa Clean Water Program on behalf of its Permittees in accordance with Provision C.16 in the East Contra Costa Municipal Stormwater NPDES Permit (Order No. R5-2010-0102, NPDES Permit No. CAS083313) issued by the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board on September 23, 2010.
Report of Waste Discharge by Contra Costa Clean Water Program submitted June 2, 2014
The Report of Waste Discharge submitted by the Contra Costa Clean Water Program on behalf of its Permittees in accordance with Provision C.19 in the Municipal Regional Stormwater National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit (Order R2-2009-0074, NPDES Permit No. CAS612008) issued by the San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board on October 14, 2009.
As part of National Pollutant Discharge Eliminations System (NPDES) Permit requirements, the Contra Costa Clean Water Program conducts an annual survey to measure changes in public awareness and actions. The survey measures public attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors that would be helpful to the Clean Water Program in the continuing development and implementation of outreach efforts.
The Contra Costa Clean Water Program conducts routine water quality monitoring and assessment in local creeks to measure aquatic health. The Clean Water Program also sponsors or conducts special studies designed to comply with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements.
- Urban Creeks Monitoring Report (UCMR), Water Year 2014- March 2015
- Integrated Monitoring Report, Water Years 2012 and 2013: Part A- March 2014
- Integrated Monitoring Report Part B: PCB and Mercury Loads Avoided and Reduced Via Stormwater Control Measures – March 2014
- Integrated Monitoring Report Part C: Pollutants of Concern Implementation Plan –March 2014
- June 2010 Summary of Benthic Macroinvertebrate Bioassessment Results
- Street Sweeping Study Final Report- May 2007 (707 KB.pdf)
- 2007 Summary of Benthic Macroinvertebrate Bioassessment Results (920 KB.pdf)
- 2006 Preliminary Assessment of Aquatic Life Use Condition in Contra Costa Creeks (Summary of Benthic Macroinvertebrate Bioassessment Results 2001-2006) ( 3,232 KB.pdf)
- 2006 Golf Course Study Final Report (2.8 MB.pdf)
- 2001 to 2005 Data From the Creeks-Volunteer Creek Monitoring Program
- 2005 Rapid Bioassessment Project Report ( 5.3 MB.pdf)
- 2004 Rapid Bioassessment Project Report (529 KB.pdf)
- 2004 Pollutants of Concern Source Assessment Report (9.7 MB.pdf)
- 2004 Contra Costa Creeks Inventory Report (10.4 MB.pdf)
- 2000 Pool Discharge Special Study (1.6 MB.pdf)
- Proposition 218 Survey- November 2006 (7.14 MB.pdf)