We strive to protect the creeks and rivers of Contra Costa County watersheds and receiving bay and delta waters by promoting public awareness of stormwater pollution prevention and supporting innovative approaches to meet State and Federal stormwater regulations.
Who We Are:
The 19 cities and towns of Conta Costa County; Antioch, Clayton, Concord, El Cerrito, Hercules, Lafayette, Martinez, Oakley, Orinda, Pinole, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, San Pablo, San Ramon and Walnut Creek, and the towns of Danville and Moraga and the Contra Costa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District.
- November 19, 2015 San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board Municipal Regional Permit (MRP) R2-2015-0049
- September 23, 2010 Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board Municipal NPDES Permit R5-2010-0102
What We Do:
- Protect local sources of clean drinking water from contamination and pollution.
- Remove harmful and dangerous pollutants, toxic chemicals, and potentially infectious bacteria and viruses from our local creeks, reservoirs, and Delta and Bay.
- Prevent illegal or toxic discharges from industrial and commercial properties.
- Provide other clean water and pollution control services and facilities required by Federal and State clean water regulations.
- Keep trash and pollution away from local shorelines, creeks, reservoirs, and the Delta and Bay.
- Provide outreach and information to increase knowledge and encourage behavior changes of target audiences to reduce the impacts of stormwater pollution.