Provision C.9 of the Municipal Regional Stormwater Permit requires businesses to use best management practices to prevent the impairment of urban streams by pesticide-related toxicity. CCCWP staff provides the following assistance to Contra Costa Permittees’ efforts to reduce pesticide toxicity in local creeks:
- Tracking and participating in pesticide regulatory initiatives.
- Promoting opportunities for training events for municipal employees and contractors on Integrated Pest Management and similar programs.
- Providing outreach to residents and the general public on less-toxic pesticides and proper pesticide use and disposal. CCCWP’s Home & Garden page has more information on residential best garden practices.
- Coordinating with, and reporting to, the CCC Agricultural Commissioner (CCCAC) on improper pesticide use.
Our Water Our World (Information about less-toxic products for use in the home and garden)
Pesticide Applicators Professional Association (training seminars!)
- Bay-Friendly Upcoming Trends and Landscape Legalities in Managing Landscapes
- California Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance 2015- Summary of Change
- CA Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- Pocket Gophers
- Bay-Friendly Landscape Solutions
- Revised 2016 Bay Friendly Workshop Evaluation Form