Provision C.9 of the Municipal Regional Stormwater Permit requires businesses to use best management practices to prevent the impairment of urban streams by pesticide-related toxicity. CCCWP staff provides the following assistance to Contra Costa Permittees’ efforts to reduce pesticide toxicity in local creeks:
- Tracking and participating in pesticide regulatory initiatives.
- Promoting opportunities for training events for municipal employees and contractors on Integrated Pest Management and similar programs.
- Providing outreach to residents and the general public on less-toxic pesticides and proper pesticide use and disposal. CCCWP’s Home & Garden page has more information on residential best garden practices.
- Coordinating with, and reporting to, the CCC Agricultural Commissioner (CCCAC) on improper pesticide use.
Our Water Our World (Learn how to find less-toxic home and garden products, available at stores near you!)
Pesticide Applicators Professional Association (training seminars!)
- What does Contra Costa County Agricultural Department do? (slide 2)
- How to verify licenses (pg. 11)
- How to report misuse of pesticides (pg.28)
- Pesticide Disposal
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW), Contract Hauler, Event for Growers
- Bay-Friendly Upcoming Trends and Landscape Legalities in Managing Landscapes (PDF)
- California Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance 2015- Summary of Change (PDF)
- CA Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (PDF)
- Aphids (PDF)
- Pocket Gophers (PDF)
- Raccoon (PDF)
- Snails (PDF)
- Bay-Friendly Landscape Solutions (PDF)
- Revised 2016 Bay Friendly Workshop Evaluation Form (PDF)